Maybe you have the tools to finish the job yourself! We are here to serve you SERIOUSLY! We really do want to put you first ahead of our own profits. If you don’t have the tools, or you would rather just us do it for you, then contact us right now to get your car street legal again! 360-773-7124
- The first and foremost step in replacing the windshield is to remove parts such as wiper, mirrors, etc., which constitute a part of the entire assembly lying around the windshield.
- Fix a tape on the heating vent.
- The glass is attached to the windshield frame, with the help of a rubber gasket. Also inspect the rubber gasket for damages or cracks. If damages are found, then you need to replace. Remove it by carefully slicing a knife through the edge of the gasket.
- Now take the damaged glass out of the frame, by gently pushing it from inside the car.
- Attach the rubber gasket to the new windshield. See that thicker edge of the windshield is fixed along the inner side of the glass.
- Once you fit the rubber gasket, remove the dust and rust from the dashboard and window frame.
- Apply some petroleum jelly to the outer side of the rubber gasket and carefully place the windshield frame from outside of the vehicle. Push the rubber gasket a bit to keep the glass in place.
- Remove the petroleum jelly and then re-attach the wipers and the mirrors. Read more on automobiles and car repair.